Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, October 8, 2012

IKEBUKURO: 500yen Pizzeria CONA has arrived!! 10/1/2012 OPEN!

I spent this summer away from Japan (there is a big gap in my foodie blog entries this year) and of course CONA was on my list of places to re-visit but little did I know they just opened up a brand new spot in IKEBUKURO~.  :)

Think we may have been charged for this as it is standard if you order alcohol... Otsumami?

Reserved a table for 3 on the second floor (all seating vs 1st floor all standing).

Great prosciutto.

Pickled veggies... keeps the mouth thirsty.

And of course.. the half boiled egg and prosciutto pizza... 

This was a great selection and the first time I tried shrimp avocado combo... guess its kinda like guacamole.

All three of us are novices when selecting wines but the 3 bottles we picked out were all smooth and very easy to enjoy.

Mexican Pizza with some tasty jalapenos.

To close we went for the Gorgonzola Pizza with Honey syrup topping.


Nice balance of young women and a few couples on dates... 

Final bottle of wine was a had a nice full bodied flavor.

Ladies... bathroom is shared but immaculately clean and fairly big.


The first floor is where you can get a great view of the chef at work... everyone here was friendly.

The pizza's compared to my favorite URA-Cona in Shibuya was a bit lacking in ingredients but the atmosphere was dead on comfortable.  Friendly and alert staff... I'm sure I'll be back again very soon.

Shop: IKEBUKURO South Side CONA
Address J: 東京都豊島区南池袋3-14-12
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Minami Ikebukuro 3-14-12
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment