Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

NOGATA: Nayfan for some cozy Thai

On my journey to what could possibly be Tokyo's cheapest pizzeria (280yen~) I got side tracked by this silly caricature of a Thai lady holding up food...


The price points were too reasonable... and a bit fascinated as to what I was to find downstairs.  So I gave up my journey to Koenji for Pizza and entered this narrow staircase...


Greeted by a lone thai lady that did resemble the caricature~.  Was confused between the Kra pao gai kai dao and Khao man gai (just like the Hainanese Chicken Rice) but Chef lady recommended the first.


There was something cozy about the plastic chairs and low cost interior.  Thai news radio was playing in the background... 

Initially so underwhelmed... wow... the portion was so very little.  

Taste was extremely flavorful and although the volume was minimal I thoroughly enjoyed this plate.  Spice was dead on and shouldn't be feeling its effects later tonight.

Thai Rice~

As I was eating these two showed up!  Thank goodness... If not I'd definitely have have a second lunch nearby.

Another very flavorful beef broth soup with some soft daikon.  Yum!  Helped out with the spiciness of the main dish.

Thai Coconut Tapioca Pudding was a great ending to this tasty 680yen meal.  

There was something so cozy about this place that really took you away from being in Tokyo.  I'll definitely be back to try out a few of the other offerings.

Restaurant: Nayfan
Address J: 東京都中野区野方5-30-19, B1F
Address E: Tokyo, Nakano-ku, Nogata 5-30-19, B1F
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment