Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, May 1, 2014

ROPPONGI HILLS: Tsukemen Tetsu...went from chubby noodles to hella boring after 5pm. What a disaster...

No no no... its thumbs DOWN Fonzie... put that in your pocked.  It had been over 6 months since I last visited one of my all time favorite Super Chubby Chewy Thick tsukemen noodle shops but this day I was met head on with shocking disappointment. 



Great thing about TETSU is normal, large and massive portions of Tsukemen noodles are all the exact same  price.  So this night I went all out for the massive portion.



My friend Hiro chose the Large Portion "Dai" with cold noodles and I got the "Toku-Moru" with the Atsumor (Hot noodles).

extras

$13 or 1,300 an hour to work here. Not too bad.


And so the amazing Tsukemen arrives but the noodles are soooo thin? WTF!? Really?  Later I found out that the amazing thick noodles are only served until 5pm and then they only serve this thin noodle version.  No wonder why TETSU was so unusually empty this night and the brand new Afuri with a much lower foodie ranking was full.  I was totally shocked.

A few bites and I was totally bored.  TETSU lost all its originality to try and follow a trend of offering a lighter version of both noodles and soup to adjust to the after bar hopping crowd.  


Soup was not a creamy thick style but so light and watery... I couldn't believe it.  


EMPTY EMPTY... I will never goto TETSU after 5pm when the thin noodles and lighter soup broth is served.  Shocked beyond words... Time to take by Tsukemen business elsewhere.

Restaurant: Tsukemen Tetsu Roppongi Hills Branch
Tetsu Website: http://www.tetsu102.com/
Address J: 東京都港区六本木6-2-31 六本木ヒルズ ノースタワー B1F
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 6-2-31, Roppongi Hills North Tower B1F
MAP:  https://goo.gl/maps/D06qq

つけめん,TETSU 六本木ヒルズ店, 六本木, つけ麺, ラーメン, Japan, Japanese, noodles, ramen, foodie, tokyobelly, tonkotsu, gyokai, fish,

No comments:

Post a Comment