Email me if you have Questions:

Sunday, July 20, 2014

SHIINAMACHI: A little local sushi spot filled with very friendly regulars... sushi starts from 70yen.sh

I've always feared this tiny local neighborhood sushi spots because I've entered a few with no price lists and for some reason no matter how much I order (for 2) it always comes out to 15,000 yen. But this day I was invited to join my friends weekly watering hole in Shiinamachi



Akami (Tuna) starts at 70yen each.


Prices were so incredibly reasonable.  And I learned from a regular sitting next to me that the fish at these tiny sushi spots are alive... they are not frozen like many of the kaiten-sushi (conveyor belt sushi).  



Toro 150yen each.


Think this sushi set here was 700yen or so. So many items!





I will leave it up to you to find the place but is very Japanese with a big regular's following.  If you find it be very polite and smile... after the regulars start drinking you'll be invited into the conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment