Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, October 30, 2014

GAIENMAE: El Paso Mexican for some Tacos... then Buffalo Nuggets the following day~

In the last 10 years I've only been to a few Mexican restaurants in Tokyo that are incredibly expensive in their mediocreness or very huh in their tastiness.  But I always try to give these spots at least one chance.  So this day I visited El Paso.


Me like so many others in Tokyo have all but given up on searching for a decent Mexican restaurant but on this day... my 2nd day in a row I visited El Paso first for their 4 piece taco lunch set that brought back memories of LA Taco trucks and on my second visit a very mediocre melted cheese on veggies with a few buffalo nugget toppings.







A very nice lunch selection but I went "huh?" when I saw the Japanese chicken katsu hidden in the folds of a quesadilla... wacky~.  But I went with the 4 Taco set with sides of soup, salad, salsa and fresh guacamole.  This slightly bought back visions of the amazing $1.50 LA Taco trucks... the pork was very nice but first time ever to try a chili taco.  I vowed to return the next day for this satisfying lunch.  But got distracted by "buffalo chicken" topping and ordered the ratatouille... rice, cheese, chicken, boring... for this I will never return.




Service was super friendly and seems they have a regular lunch following.  I highly suggest going to the taco set then randomly feeling out the other options on the Menu.  Oh, great Internet Mexican songs on the BGM... but watch out, sometimes they are over staffed and the waitress will lock eyes with you while you are eating.

And I leave you with a few nice cars in the neighborhood... Porsche Panamera

Audi RS5

Porsche Cayenne Hybrid


and finally a beautiful red Rolls Royce Ghost.

Restaurant: El Paso Mexican Restaurant
Gnavi Link with Coupon: http://r.gnavi.co.jp/hh3ubs190000/
Address J: 東京都港区南青山3-2-3 ダイアンクレストビル B1F
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Minami Aoyama 3-2-3
MAP:https://goo.gl/maps/bh11U

エルパソ, 外苑前, メキシコ料理, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, foodie, tokyobelly, lumix lx5, lunch, burrito, mexican, salsa

1 comment: