Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, June 23, 2017

TOSHIMAEN: The Giant Step hamburger restaurant... caramelized onions yum!

Brand new burger joint in my town!  Of course I had to check it out.

Now the system.  Select a burger of your choice (prices vary with toppings), then select one of 3 styles (broccoli topping, lettuce or no veggies at all) and finally if you want order a drink & fries for an additional 390yen (or 590 with Heartland beer)..

Small selection of craft beers... Brew Dog IPA!




I went for the chili cheese burger!  The beef patty almost reminded me of a great burger spot in Nerima Viva La Burger due to the mix of beef chunks and ground beef.

What I most liked was the sweet caramelized onions... I'm a huge fan of that and Hungry Heaven in Meguro almost has it but not as flavorful as here.

Country music on the BGM... made me feel a bit homesick.


My suggestion! Just go for the basic hamburger 790yen or the cheese burger 890yen and skip out on the drink and fries (fries were rather average)... The meat patty here is rather good.  Overall the staff was super friendly (even the cook said goodbye with a smile) and the interior is so nice with wood walls on one side and white painted concrete walls on the other.  If in Toshimaen you gotta go!

Restaurant: The Giant Step
Address J: 東京都練馬区練馬4-12-17 メゾンハナブサ 102
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Nerima 4-12-17
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/PLDdqS5VVk62

ザ ジャイアント ステップ , THE GIANT STEP,  ハンバーガー, 豊島園, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, Sony RX100. foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, burgers, craft beer

No comments:

Post a Comment